轉移憑證（包含雲端伺服器） TracePro/OSLO/RayViz – Network License – Virtual Server moved to different Physical Server (including cloud servers)
我們的網路憑證是以USB key 或軟體金鑰方式提供的:
-使用 USB key : 只能實體電腦上運作，所以無法在虛擬及實體伺服器之間轉移。
We are aware of the IT practice of creating many virtual servers, and then moving them among several physical servers. This might be occurring in your network server room, to maximize the usage of the physical servers. Or you might be using a cloud service, to avoid the time and energy of managing the physical servers.
While we understand that this approach has certain advantages, it is not a viable server configuration to host a TracePro, OSLO, or RayViz network license.
Our network licenses are available as a USB key or a softkey:
- a USB key would need to be moved from one physical server to the other, which negates the flexibility of moving the virtual server to another physical server
- a softkey license option is available, but the softkey is bound to unique identifiers from both the software and the hardware on the server, so the license will deactivate when the virtual server is moved
- this is not a design flaw, it is intentional behavior of the licensing software that prevents a copy of the virtual server from creating a second license
Another point here is that the reason for moving virtual servers among physical servers is to manage large amounts of data, for example databases that need room to grow. But the licensing software installed to serve the TracePro/OSLO/RayViz license is quite small and will remain static.
Our recommendation is to select a physical PC that is on the network, and use that PC as the TracePro/OSLO/RayViz license server.
- “any old box” in a back corner of the server room will work just fine
- another option is to make the user’s PC the license server